If you missed my workshop this past weekend then you missed my talk about superfoods and balance. The biggest takeaway - enjoy foods that are nutrient dense on a regular basis and you can also occasionally enjoy a donut without remorse.
Top Ten Superfoods:
- Avocado - filled with a variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins. Avocados contain more potassium than bananas and are high in fiber.
- Kale - one of the most nutrient-dense foods, which is loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C, K, and Beta-Carotene.
- Blueberries - with the ability to protect from LDL oxidation and lower blood pressure along with tons of antioxidants these berries are king.
- Salmon - rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and a great source of protein, wild-caught salmon’s inflammation reducing properties are second to none.
- Quinoa - Very high in fiber, quinoa is a good source of protein containing all essential amino acids and is totally gluten-free. Ranking low on the glycemic index it can help regulate blood sugar.
- Almonds - loaded with vitamin E, which protects cells from damage, almonds also contain magnesium, a very important building block of wellness.
- Chia Seeds - deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories. High in fiber, chia seeds are easy to incorporate into your diet.
- Spinach - with tons of nutrients in a low-calorie package, spinach is important for skin, hair, and bone health.
- Eggs - high in quality protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios, eggs are the major breakfast go-to.
- Sweet Potatoes - rich in many vitamins and minerals, and provide an excellent source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, and potassium.