- 1 package of Trader Joe's chicken breast tenders
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2-3 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe's chili lime seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 package of Trader Joe's Avocado's Number Guacamole to Go
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Trader Joe's pico de gallo
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 cup of Shredded Mexican Cheese
*Trader Joe's spicy taco sauce or hot sauce to taste*
1. Place chicken, olive oil, Tj's chile lime, lime juice, chopped garlic, and ground cumin into a gallon zip lock bag. Seal bag and massage until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, the longer the better, up to overnight.
2. Preheat non-stick pan to med-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with sea salt and black pepper. Cook approximately 6-8 min per side until nicely crusted and the internal temperature of thickest part of chicken reaches 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Cool 5 min, slice chicken into 1/8 inch thin slices, set aside lightly covered.
3. In a mixing bowl stir black beans, pico de gallo, cilantro, and lime juice together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Take 10-12 romaine leaves, double the leaves and place them on a platter. Divide sliced chicken evenly among lettuce shells. Top each cup with black bean pico de gallo, guacamole, and shredded Mexican cheese. Top with Cilantro and TJ's hot sauce or taco sauce.
Now go and enjoy these light yet fulfilling low-carb tacos.