- 2 cups packed fresh basil (large stems removed)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts (if nut-free, try sunflower seeds)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-5 zucchini (depending on size)
- 10-15 grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon sundried tomatoes
- 1 8oz package of vegan cream cheese (I really like Kite Hill's jalapeno flavor)
- To a food processor or small blender, add the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and blend/mix on high until loose paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time (streaming in while the machine is on if possible) and scrape down sides as needed until the desired consistency is reached.
- Use a zoodler to make zucchini noodles or purchase pre-zoodled zucchini.
- Add zoodles, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and grape tomatoes to hot cast-iron skillet and saute until hot.
- Serve warm and place a small dollop of vegan cream cheese on top.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week.