- 1 ½ cups kale, chopped
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ of an avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and emulsified, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the kale to a bowl and massage it with your fingers firmly for 30 seconds to tenderize.
- Add the lemon zest and salt/pepper cooked quinoa.
- Combine the quinoa and kale.
- Drizzle the kale and quinoa with half of the dressing and toss to combine.
- Top the dressed kale and quinoa with the chopped avocado and walnuts.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate arils and drizzle everything with the remaining dressing.
- ½ to 1 bunch kale washed, stems removed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- ½ cup cooked white quinoa
- ½ cup cooked farro
- ½ cup of broccoli coarsely chopped
- ½ of a cucumber sliced thin
- 1 cup of basil
- ½ cup of pine nuts
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- ½cup of roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- Place basil, pine nuts, garlic and nutritional yeast in a food processor, mix until coarsely chopped. Slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup of olive oil until the desired consistency is reached. (Save the remaining olive oil for the lemon vinaigrette.)
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except for the roasted almonds, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Add the pesto mix to the salad combination and toss until coated.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice adding the salt to taste.
- Drizzle lemon vinaigrette over salad and top with roasted almonds.