- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 medium beets (golden or traditional)
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh black pepper
- ½ cup of organic tahini
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of roasted pine nuts
Preheat oven to 385 degrees and place parchment paper on a flat baking sheet.
Combine garlic and lemon juice in a blender. Pulse until a pulpy puree is formed, about 15 short pulses.
Add tahini paste to lemon/garlic juice and whisk to combine. The mixture will seize up and turn pasty. Add water a few tablespoons at a time, whisking in between each addition, until a smooth, light sauce is formed. The tahini sauce should very slowly lose its shape if you let ribbons of it drop from the whisk into the bowl. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Cut all root veggies into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the veggies, drizzle the olive oil and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper liberally.
- Bake the veggie 25-30 minutes or until soft.
- Drizzle tahini sauce, sprinkle cilantro and pine nuts.
- Serve warm and enjoy!