- ½ to 1 bunch kale washed, stems removed and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- ½ cup cooked white quinoa
- ½ cup cooked farro
- ½ cup of broccoli coarsely chopped
- ½ of a cucumber sliced thin
- 1 cup of basil
- ½ cup of pine nuts
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- ½cup of roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- Place basil, pine nuts, garlic and nutritional yeast in a food processor, mix until coarsely chopped. Slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup of olive oil until the desired consistency is reached. (Save the remaining olive oil for the lemon vinaigrette.)
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except for the roasted almonds, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Add the pesto mix to the salad combination and toss until coated.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice adding the salt to taste.
- Drizzle lemon vinaigrette over salad and top with roasted almonds.