TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS | 12-14 COOKIES
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
Preheat oven to 350º degrees F and line 9x9 baking pan with nonstick parchment paper.
1. In a food processor, combine cashews, coconut flakes, and arrowroot flour. Pulse until they form a coarse texture. Add remaining ingredients except for the salt and pulse just until everything combines into a crumbly dough. You should be able to see small pieces of cashew still, and you don't want to overmix.
2. Line the baking pan with parchment paper and empty dough into pan. Press the dough down so it's smooth and compact.
3. Sprinkle the top of the dough with the Himalayan pink salt.
4. Bake for 12 - 13 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden brown while the tops haven't really changed in color.
5. Place in freezer for 20 minutes. Use metal cookie cutter to make cute shapes OR cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.